Today I just want to give a shout-out to one of my favorite places to find high-quality and all-natural skincare products: Mojo Spa in Chicago . Mojo Spa is an incredible place to visit. It’s bright and cheerful, with playful displays that make looking for the right skin (or hair) product like being a kid in a candy store. But what makes me go back again and again – and now order online – is the high quality of their products.
With over 200 natural handmade products, such as natural skincare, makeup, bodycare, haircare, artisan soaps, fragrances, bath products, and soy massage candles – all with clever names and cute packaging – Mojo Spa is a real treat for the senses. Here are some of my all-time favorites:
- Ultimate Detox Facial Powder A charcoal-based powder that is also a mini microdermabrasion treatment, it leaves your face feeling super-smooth and super-clean.
- Make Me a Morning Person Face and Body Scrub Mojo Spa has all kinds of scrubs that smell amazing. This one is just one of my favorites.
- Go Green Nourishing Facial Mask This mask is like a superfood for your skin, nourishing and soothing any kind of upset your skin may have.
- Ambrosia Luxury Lip Treatment I like the look of natural lips, but they have to be soft and smooth, and this treatment helps me get the look I like.
- Beach Bum Texturizing Styling Cream This is the first product I tried at Mojo Spa, and I like it so much, I give it as gifts, and recommend it to everyone. It is the best for letting my curly hair dry in cool waves, and without frizz.
- Medusa Frizz Taming Hair Oil I like this in the winter to keep my hair soft and smooth, without the static that comes from hats and over-heated buildings.
- Midas Touch Healing Hand Balm I put this on and then use gloves when I wash the dishes or clean. The heat from the gloves (or hot water) helps my hands absorb the balm, and I am left with soft, smooth hands, even after chores.
- Nifty Nail Cure Enhanced Cuticle Oil Love this product! It has helped my runner’s toenails, which had gotten pretty rough-looking, to be clear and healthy enough to go without polish.
- Dark Twinkle Color-Adjusting Mineral Makeup I am fair-skinned, and this foundation seemed way too dark when I tried it at the store, but I love it. It is so sheer and leaves just a hint of color as it evens out my skin tone.
- Sun Magic Setting Powder I hate when my face is shiny, and I am always looking for a face powder that leaves a matte finish that isn’t dull. This powder cuts the shine, but leaves a luminous finish that I love.
And I have to admit that while I was finding the links to all my favorite Mojo products, I found many more to try. Mojo Spa also has an in-house nail spa that has been featured in Allure and In Style magazines, something I’ll be trying just as soon as I can. For now, though, I am going to treat myself to a mask and a scrub, and wait for my next order to arrive!